Sunday 3 July 2011

Prey

I was getting through Dennman St. on my way to Leicester Sq. One fellow asked me to take him there. He was talking on the phone as I was slowly getting over a set of speed bumps. It was about 4.30 am, full daylight. Dennman St. seemed to be completely empty. Suddenly on my left I spotted two guys of that dodgy lot (they usually hang around that pizza place by the end of Shaftesbury Ave, pretending they sell drugs). They stood closely to a young lad, clearly a foreigner. That youngster had a luggage with him. Probably just left that hostel on Sherwood St. on his way to an airport. As soon as I saw those two talking in low voices to the lad I realised they were actually trying to mug him. I stopped and ask: "Are you all right mate?" He looked at me and I saw sheer panic in his eyes. That instant those rats went like: "Of course he's all right! What's your problem!?" Fortunately that boy didn't lose his head completely and quickly moved on towards me. I told him to keep up and slowly pressed the pedals. Muggers were quite disappointed. We didn't go too far before something hit the edge of my trike's roof and fell on the floor. It was a broken in half bottle (probably the same one they were threatening their victim with seconds ago). I was lucky. They were aiming at my face. They walked away quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment