Friday 20 September 2013

A gay joke

They say that, in the eighties, Soho of London used to be a very dangerous place. There are urban legends about crazy people with guns and shit. Nowadays, though, Soho is practically, exclusively gay. Cheap prostitutes, some dodgy peep shows and wasted crack-heads is all that remains of crazier times. Not even a decent strip club is left in the heart of Soho. Therefore majority of the stories related to Soho has that peculiar flavour... Once (it happened a few years ago) I was going up Old Compton Street. It was a warm, weekend night in summer. The street was very busy. As usual a relaxed crowd marched in front of me and around me. Encircled by all those people I rode slowly, shouting polite warnings and honking my trike's horn. There was a bunch of gay men walking slowly right in front of my trike. I stood no chance to overtake them, had to squeeze through, somehow. I asked them politely to let me get through. One of them, a chubby fellow, looked back at me and ordered: "Go on! I'll take it all in!"

4 comments:

  1. I was worried that you stopped pedal :-)
    so long you did not write!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me once when I've got a pointless discussion with some gay people about who's right or wrong about being gay or straight. I tried to finish the conversation saying: "I respect your point, but I don't share it, I like to keep going straight" .... their reply was ... "straight to my ass?" ... I just laughed about it...

    ReplyDelete