Friday 11 February 2011

Occupied

A fat car stopped in red light next to my trike. A cute black girl asked me: "Where you from?" "Where YOU from?" - was my answer. Two black guys sitting in car with her found it, for some reason, very funny. She seemed a bit confused but answered: "I'm from Eritrea. What about you?"
"I'm from Zimbabwe." Guys inside the car burst again in a boisterous laughter. "You are lying! You are from Algeria!" - said she. I laughed. "You smart cookie! How did you know?!? You are not just beautiful, you are smart too!" She was watching me closely. "Your boyfriend must be a happy man!" - I added. "I haven't got a boyfriend..." "She will be occupied with a man soon!" - driver exclaimed quickly. She poked a face. Lights went green. I wished her good night...

No comments:

Post a Comment