Friday 4 February 2011

Do you know who my father is?

I was working hard that night. Started early and carried on like a horse. I came out to make money and I wasn't picky. Everything has it's limits though. Those three lads stopped me on Charring + Rd. Some people flag you down only because they are bored and want to take a piss at someone. "How much to Kings + ? ...What?! You charge more than a black cab!" No matter I've got no engine - right? "Well, you don't have to hire me... Take a black cab!" "Listen, listen!" - one of them gave me a dramatic look - "Have you got all the papers to do this job? Are you legal?" I looked at his funny cut eyebrows and goldie looking round signet rings and laughed loudly. Oh! He didn't quite like it, did he? He looked at me askew and asked: "Do you know who my father is?" Now I have to point out that I had been already working for quite a few hours that night. I wasn't exactly into being questioned by some dickhead. On top of that his silly question opened a torrent of sparkling ideas due to what his father would be. And as I was about to suggest that, to start with, they probably hadn't ever met each other, I reminded myself that I was there to make money and not otherwise. I looked at him with an ostensible concern. "I bet he's someone important!" He smiled. "You know what?"- I added - "Bless your father! Let me make some money! Have a good night!" Beaming he wished me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment