Thursday 12 July 2012

English summer chat up line

There's that joke circulating on the web:"In the Bible it rained for 40 days, they called it a disaster. In England we call summer. " Nights are short in June. In the full daylight, about 4.30 am, I stopped in a red light on Charring Cross Rd, right by Leicester Square tube station. There was a bunch of late night/early morning, mid-twenties clubbers on my left. Two lasses approached me. "Do you know if there's any place still open around here?" I briefly explained what was still available. One of them soon walked away to join her friends but the other clearly felt flirtatious. "Is this called a rickshaw? Where you from? I like your eyes... DO YOU KNOW THAT THE MAXIMUM TEMPERATURE THIS SUMMER WON'T GO BEYOND 24 DEGREES?" I had no choice but to beam at her saying that it was really devastating! Soon enough her boyfriend frowned at her. "Jane! I see you later, yeah?" He moved on. She pulled a face and scurried away after him.

No comments:

Post a Comment