Thursday 30 September 2010

Wifey

That night was very quiet. I just got into Regent St. from Oxford Circus. Before I went as far as Great Marlborough St. I was stopped by an Asian woman in her mid forties. She asked me about Blues Bar. I said I could take her there but she preferred to walk. She added her husband was a musician and he was performing there that night. She also told me, that she was quite worried as she couldn´t get in touch with him. Apparently his mobile wasn´t working. I tried to explain to her where that venue was but she couldn´t quite grasp it. I got no lifts at all in a good while. I was quite bored and cold and I wasn´t making money anyway. I decided to take her there for free. By the way it was just around the corner. We got there in no time. The bar was already shut. I saw light inside and I knocked at the window. A member of stuff was still there. That lady asked him about her husband explaining the whole situation. The guy gave her a funny look. He said her husband played there indeed but was gone already about an hour ago. He looked at her with kind of a pity. Something told me that he wasn´t telling her the entire truth... Woman looked really worried. I felt sorry for her too. I could imagine that her bastard husband was taking advantages after his concert, leaving her on her own like that... She asked me if I knew where St. Giles Hotel was. I said I was taking her to her hotel, no charge. She protested and gave me 20 euros. When we got to St.Giles she was very sad. She thanked me and said: "I hope my husband is already in our room..." I wished her that solemnly, thinking how unlikely it was...

No comments:

Post a Comment