Saturday 21 May 2011

Banksy

He approached us suddenly, right in front of that cafe on the corner of Old Compton St. and Frith St. I was tired and rather upset. In my pocket left nothing but two coins: one pound and one pence. So he came right at us and he went: "Five pence guys! Please, spare me five pence!" I noticed his worn out face. Those crackheads always look elder then their actual age. A sleeping bag hanging over his shoulder screamed about homelessness. What could I do, though? One pence was not enough. One pound was too much... Dryly I offered him a lift, meaning that I'm only a poor street hustler too. He looked at my mate beseechingly and uttered: "I'm Banksy!" "What?" - My companion looked at him in puzzlement. "I'm Banksy!" "Yeah! Right!" - Said I - "I'm Banksy too!" That said I turned my back on him.


picoodle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment