Saturday 28 January 2012

Difficult

I spotted a guy, on the corner where Regent Street meets Maddox Street. He was conspicuously lost. I made a u turn, got closer and whistled softly to get his attention. He approached me eagerly, blinking and smiling widely. "Do you need directions?" "Yes!" I looked at him and thought that somehow he was smiling too much. "I'm looking for... Wait, wait... I'm looking for a square..." He was kind of punk-rocker with a mohican and a lot of piercing. He said he was an Italian. "Russel Square, Portman Square, Leicester Square?" I was trying to give him a hint. "No... no... wait..." Speaking slowly he was laughing and poking faces. "It's difficult... The TRIP is difficult..." I looked at him and suddenly got it. "Are you on LSD?!" "Yeah!" He grinned broadly. There was much rejoicing...

No comments:

Post a Comment