Friday 5 February 2010

A flat one

Obviously I started late. Nevertheless I got a few quick lifts and as everything seemed to be just fine I realised that my front wheel got a slow puncture. "So what?" - I didn`t give up, pumped it up and kept cruising. The air started to escape faster. I fixed that in eighteen minutes. I was proud of myself. On top of that those two guys stopped and questioned how much "a brother like me" would charge them for a ride to Kings Cross. It seemed like my price would prove satisfactory. Suddenly my wheel sissed mockingly and flattened again. I was completely puzzled! I didn`t even move! I started again. When I was in the middle of it those three lads inquired if I knew any good clubs around, open till late. I talked them into taking a rickshaw and sent them to a friend who was passing by. Just when I finished a sweet punky lass approached me asking: "Where`s Oxford Circus from here?" "I`ll take you there for a fiver." "But I`m a poor student..." "If so, I will take you there for four quid, all right?" "I would really like to use my legs"- she laughed. I looked at her again. She seemed to be so sweet and innocent and everyone knows that those ones are the most vicious... "You know what? I`ll take you there for free!" "Really? Why would you do that?" "Because I`m crazy!" "But... Can I trust you?" - she was already seated and ready to go. Exactly when I was mounting my trike the front wheel hissed balefuly and got indecently flat. The cute punky princess smiled charmingly and was gone. It started to rain and I pushed my wretched rickshaw all the way to the base that wasn`t exactly around the corner...

8 comments:

  1. yeah vicious. sweet ones aren't necessarily vicious but i loved the story anyway. actually must say that I've been missing a lot night rickshaw riding stories so keep up the blog. the idea's brilliant, u get me, yeah, u get me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh!But you are wrong my friend!!! They are as vicious as Sid Vicious :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Victor 's absolutely right. Keep up good work mate and notice that:
    theese storie me likes bestest

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear friends!!! Thanks a lot for encouraging me!!!
    God save the Queen!!!

    ReplyDelete