Monday 15 February 2010

You`ve got to do what I tell you!


Photo by Norr

This entry is more about our band - Chromosome Breaker http://myspace.com/chromosomebreaker, than the rickshawriding itself. To be precise it goes about the concert we played last week. However quite a few riders were present and anyway the story is rather interesting and it brings a lovely epimythium ;~)

It had been a while since we tried to play some music and people kept saying we were getting better and better. Somebody invited us to play in a bar. We loved the idea so we cracked on the rehearsing. Shortly before the performance we went down there to check out the venue, to talk with a man in charge etc. Everything seemed promising. We liked the place, the manager was very friendly and helpful. Obviously we were supposed to play for free but nevertheless I explained to him that we needed to bring over the drumkit and some other stuff and so I asked him if he would give us about 20 - 30 quid for the transport. He said that if there were many people coming to see us and if they spent significant amount of money on alcohol he could pay us some afterwards. He added that in this case he could be also interested in organizing some more gigs in the future.
The day of the concert had come. People came in numbers. Eagerly they started to buy drinks. Everyone seemed to be happy. The manager was still friendly and very helpful. Finally we started to play and we got a really enthusiastic receiving. We kept playing for about an hour, people wanted more, everyone was having loads of fun.
Once we finished I started to do things up. I didn`t stop even for a while. All of the sudden the manager appeared. He told me very coldly that he wanted us to be gone in twenty minutes. I felt a bit suprised by this change in his tone but I just accepted that. I prepared everything to be moved quickly and went to change. As I was getting back he stopped me and said in a very rude way: "If any of your stuff remains here in five minutes, I will throw it downstairs." Now I got really astonished. I called people to help me and when they started to carry our equipment out I asked the manager if he wanted to give us any money, at all. "Next time" was his answer. "Next time when? After you throw our drumkit downstairs?" I questioned. "Listen!" said he "You`ve got to do what I tell you!" "Look!" I took off my hat "I`m being polite to you and I would really appreciate if you could be polite to me." "You`ve got a problem?" he looked at me "You will never play here again!" He turned around and was gone.

I`m really sorry that so many of my friends have spent so much money in those place that night. I was lucky that I had a bottle of a mineral water with me, cause I wasn`t offered anything else during the six hours I spent there. Funny how money change the situation, or maybe the managers...
Anyway the concert was nice - check it for yourselves!


Photo by Lore Vidal Ares aka SFDS





video by lore lavacolla


3 comments:

  1. Crazy stupid man!

    But don't you worry, he will repent some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly believe it too!!!

    All the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was in this gig... Maybe some day I can join your fans in a Chromosome Breaker concert.

    ReplyDelete