Sunday 19 December 2010

Figure that out

I was right by the base when that young man stopped me. It was about 4.30 am, cold like hell. He wanted to go to Tower Hill. I gave him a critical look. Nice black suit, white shirt and smart shoes, all new and all dramatically spoiled. It seemed like he was weltering about in half melted, muddy snow on a road, or God knows where and in what exactly... At that moment he was already quite sober. ¨Have you got money to pay me?¨ ¨Don't worry! I will make sure that you get your money!¨ He turned around and went to a cash point nearby. Furtively I removed my blanket from passenger´s seat. (It would be bad enough has he stained the seat itself. Why should I wash my blanket only because he doesn't know how to drink?) He came back with some receipt in his hand. ¨Can you figure that out?¨ ¨Sure!¨ I took it from his hand and read loudly: ¨Your card has been blocked...¨ ¨Hmm... Could you give me some directions please?¨ I showed him the way and placed my blanket back on the seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment