Saturday 25 December 2010

I live very high there...

Two young lads approached me in Piccadilly Circus. "How much to Travelodge Covent Garden?" - asked a fat, dodgy looking fellow with funny cut eyebrows. He wore those, well corny, big, round, bad boy style, goldie looking signet rings. He had that attitude too, one could tell by his eyes... The other lad looked pretty harmless. The bully haggled hard. Finally we agreed a tenner fare. As soon as I got to their hotel fatty looked around and said: "It's not the one. Go there!" He showed me a little, back street off Drury Lane. I did as he wanted. "Stop here!" - he ordered. "We haven't got any money!" He looked at me boldly. "We've got to get in!" So now it actually was their hotel. "I'll go with you." - was my answer. I got off my trike. Bully had an opportunity to see clearly that I was much bigger than him. And it was his idea to get into that back street... He didn't seem to be so self confident any more. "But I live very high there, you see..." He indicated hotel's upper floors. "It's ok!" I grinned. "Ok. We've got only a fiver, actually six quid..." "Well, I need four more then..." Fatty looked rather lost. Other lad looked pretty harmless. "Erm... Have you got change?" "Loads!" I assured him.

No comments:

Post a Comment