Thursday 16 June 2011

A persistent gay demon

One sunny afternoon I was in the corner of Long Acre St. and Drury Lane. People kept passing by indifferently. "Will you take me to Soho?" I looked up. There was a guy next to me. He was gay. And he was drunk. "I've seen those people giving you funny looks but I respect you!" He sat on my trike. "Look at me! I'm not as good as you, but trust me, I'm a demon!" I sighed. I needed a lift. I named a price and he showed me cash. On I went. "Stop! Stop!" He shouted as soon as we got to that pub in the corner of Neal St. and Shelton St. "Tell me what would you like?" He asked. I gave him a questioning look. He carried on: "A pair of jeans? Any other clothes from those shops around? I can get you anything!" "That's very kind of you, however, I basically want to get you to Soho and to charge you for the lift..." He paid me the fare right away and that time I managed to reach Wardour St. before he stopped me again. "I just came from Spain. I've got three businesses there. I'm half Spanish." He announced in his very thick London accent. "Are you half Spanish? Do you speak the language?" "Sure!" "Pues habla conmigo!" The gay demon got quite confused and decided it was about time to change the subject. "Listen!" He went on. "I worked very hard lately, just want to relax. Could you take me to any good brothel?" "Definitely! Let's go!" I moved on but very soon he wanted to stop again, that time in front of GAY Cafe. "So how much money do you want?" I looked at him in puzzlement. "You already paid me. If you want to go to that brothel I'll charge you that much when we get there." "I think I'll stay here. Come for a drink with me." "I can't drink now. I'm driving" "Come for a cake and a coffee " "Thanks but I'd rather be working now." "I see. Take my phone number." I did, just to get rid of him. "Now give me a missed call." "I'm Pay As You Go and out of credit" "Call me tomorrow then! I'm having a big party. You could earn a couple of hundred pounds!" "What a nons!" I thought and deleted his number as soon as I got around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment