Monday 31 May 2010

One hundred pounds

I stopped in Wardour St. not far from Village, that gaybar. A guy came running, jumped on my trike and exclaimed:"GO! GO!" I looked at him with disapproval and asked:"But where are we going?" "Just go! Please! I`ll give you one hundred pounds!" I moved on eagerly. "Please! Move faster!" "What is it? Is anybody chasing you?" "Yes! A bunch of Pakistanis wants to beat me up thinking that I`m an American!" I could hear that twang in his voice too. "In fact I`m Canadian but they didn`t want to listen to me!" We were approaching Oxford St. undisturbed. "So where are we going?" I asked. "Could you take me to St. Paul`s Cathedral? I`ll honestly pay you one hundred pounds!" I cracked on pedalling. Quickly I got to Strand. As I was getting to Waterloo Bridge one of the axles got broken. Cursing my bad luck I apologised to my customer for not being able to take him any further. He was very grateful anyway and he handed me out five twenty pounds notes. I told him not to be silly and accepted only forty quid. I reproach myself for that ever since...
:)

1 comment:

  1. Bad fortune to some people and good fortune for others. That's life!

    ReplyDelete