Saturday 29 May 2010

Streetwalker

Once I stopped by the corner of Old Compton St. and Charring Cross Rd. I was approached by a boozed guy. In one hand he had a flagon of dark rum, in another one he carried a bottle of coca-cola and a plastic cup. He was merry and friendly. He said he was after some harlotry and asked me for directions. Quickly I took him to Peter St., where most of the brothels are. There was a girl standing on a pavement. He got off and went straight to her. I was gone about my business.
About an hour later I was passing through Wardour St. "You!" Somebody shouted accusingly. "YOU are working with them! WHERE IS SHE?!" Pretty bewildered I looked around just to see the same guy I took to Peter St. a while ago... He seemed to be quite sober now. Sober and very angry. Not quite getting what was just happening I asked him to cool down and tell me what occured. He said that as he was following that bird, suddenly he got surrounded by four lads who took his money, mobile, watch and liquor...
Compassionate, I took him for free to train station from where he could take a train home.

1 comment: