Saturday 13 November 2010

Lost

I had a lift to Euston station. As I was about to get back to West End a young Russian lad came to me and said: "Wardour Street, can you do it?! How long?" I told him it would probably take about 10 minutes and he was in. He was in a hurry but still acted very politely. He kept talking with some girl on his phone and soon I realised she was waiting for him somewhere on the street, that's why he was in so much rush. I was pushing on hard. After a while he understood something. "Listen! Where did you pick me up from?" "Euston Station, why?" "You know, I left that club on Wardour Street, in Soho, and I got lost. I walked on and on. I ended up where you picked me up from.. Were I going in circles by any chance?" "Well... Kind of..." - I told him. He asked me to stop by a cash point. He was very grateful and he proved it giving me much more money than I expected. Finally I got him to Wardour Street. The girl waiting for him was very fit. He thanked me again and ran straight to her. It seemed to me that she was slightly annoyed...

No comments:

Post a Comment