Monday 1 November 2010

This is mine! (A true object of desire)

Oxford Street was shut from Oxford Circus up to Marble Arch tube station. As usual some people waited patiently on the bus stops God knows what for. I had learnt long before that trying to persuade them made them haters. I stopped by New Bond Street. I was eating a pret-a-manger sandwich, both triangular pieces at once, for I was hungry and always liked falafel. One of the workers, hanging those winter time embellishments over Oxford Street, approached me and asked where did I get that sandwich from. I told him i brought it with me to work. He smiled with resignation and was gone. Minutes later two guys asked me to take them to Queensway. I named my price and one of them walked away immediately. The other started to haggle, demanding a lower price and... what was left of my sandwich! I gave him both. The first one watched him with astonishment, added that he himself wasn't paying a shit and finally joined him on my trike. They wanted to stop by a cashpoint. So I did. The one with the sandwich asked me to hold it for him for a while, stepped towards the hole-in-the-wall, suddenly turned around and said to his mate that they had to share the fare fifty-fifty. They started to argue and the second guy walked away again, this time for good. The one who said he was actually paying, looked at me and showing sad leftovers of what once was a delicious sandwich uttered: "This is mine!" Grabbed it and followed his mate. I wasn't able to believe it not to mention taking any action at all...

2 comments:

  1. OK, I don't want a sandwich. English food is ****

    We want your visit here!
    Uco says "happy birthday" with delay. I say "happy birthday" with surprise.
    Come cycling, flying or walking [millions of people do it], but come.

    Shame on those guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)
    Preciosa!!!
    Muxas gracias x felicitarme!
    Felicidades de vuelta esp. a Uco,
    pero tb pa ti mi arma!!!
    ;)
    Jo!!! Me gustaria muxo veros!
    Os visitare tan pronto k pueda!
    Abrazos pa los dos!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete