Wednesday 10 March 2010

Ancient wisdom

I spotted those two guys in the corner of Oxford Street and Newman Street. They were standing there, just talking. I stopped next to them and whilst we were having a little chat I noticed, that one of them got a necklace with a Star of David on it. "Oh! Are you Jewish?" - I exclaimed, maybe a bit imprudently. "Yes! Have you got any problem with that?" - he looked at me with a sudden scowl. "Why should I?" - I quickly answered him - "I just saw the star on your neck! That`s all!" He asked me where were I from and it seemed like my answer steadied him on. I kept offering them a lift. Finally the guy said jokingly: "Hmmm... Once you`ve got no problem with Jews..." He looked at me and smiled artfully: "Come on! Give us a Jewish bargain!"

1 comment:

  1. Nice one! Always neat-handed on the art of doing business!

    ReplyDelete