Saturday 27 March 2010

Humility

I was really, really unlucky. I started relatively early but it took me quite a while before I got my first lift. Once I was done with it I carried on, pretty relieved and hoping that from now on it would be a routine rickshawriding night. Unfortunately it was the only lift I got. I went on, going in circles hour after hour, kept trying to talk to people, everything in vain. The tension in me was growing. I became more and more angry with myself. When one gets in a mood like this you don`t need to be a psychologist to guess what`s going on. Just one glance at his face will tell you - he`s upset. What do you do? It`s simple! You find a happier looking rider to carry you... I knew it was not about to help me at all, nevertheless I was fretting myself big time. As usual I forced myself to keep moving but I felt so miserable and helpless... As I got dangerously close to explode, unexpectedly I saw something very strange. I was going down the road at easy pace. Passing by one of the intersections I heard a woman shouting. I looked left quickly and... I saw a pair of my friends. Obviously they didn`t know I was there. They clearly went out clubbing but presently the girl was making a really nasty scene. I hardly caught a glimpse of the situation but it was more than enough to realise that the guy was in a shit neck deep. In a blink on an eye all my annoyance evaporated. I wasn`t bothered anymore! I felt very sorry for those friends of mine and really ashamed that my transitory setback made me feel so unhappy. Calmly I accepted my fate. A hint of humility makes miracles.

3 comments:

  1. That's what the hero would do: calmly accept his fate ;) Great.
    Not too humble, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rickshaw riding through the night, so to speak, is more than just cycling for life, is psycho-logic experience. You are becoming a good observer of human nature, Dominik.

    ReplyDelete