Wednesday 10 March 2010

Dreams

Once around Charring Cross Station I saw this guy. He got a big, heavy box of tools with him and he said he was a carpenter. He aked me if I knew any hostels around, explaining that he worked till late and missed his last train. I offered him a lift. He refused saying that he had no money. His toolbox looked really heavy. I told him, I could take him for free. I was plannig to bring him just to Sherwood St. He was hesitating for a while but finally got on. On the way he did give me some money though. Unfortunately the first hostel (the one in Sherwood St.) was full up. I checked the other one in Hollen Street too, just to find out that I needed to go to Generator in Tavistock Place not far from Russel Sq. Once I knew that, I was really happy it wasn`t a free lift anymore! Apparently they got some spaces available there. He thanked me heartily and apologized for not having anymore cash for me. He told me earlier that his girlfriend was from Lithuania. Presently he passed me a two Litai coin. "I hope it will bring you luck!" As he was about to go he asked me unexpectedly: "Do you still have dreams?" Quite puzzled I answered him something like: "Yes, of course! Who doesn`t?" "I`m sure, very soon they will come true." - he said and was gone.
I still have the coin and I`m still having my dreams :~)

1 comment:

  1. This story, my good man, recalls Ilmes, the most easygoing lad from our base. Another lovely tale very well written by a generous rider.

    ReplyDelete