Sunday 28 March 2010

The buzzer

Once I was stopped by a gent who said he was in a hurry on his way to Victoria station. I said I could take him there pretty fast and we got ourselves a deal. We moved on hastily. Every time we were supposed to stop in a traffic lights he was telling me: "Do the lights, mate! Do the lights! I`ll give you a tip!" On one occasion he also said something I couldn`t entirely understand, but it sounded like: "Normally I do (...) but tonight I don`t care!" Travelling in this blithe manner gave us a remarkable speed and as a result we got to Victoria really soon. He seemed to be very pleased. He got out his wallet and opened it to pay me. Then I saw a police badge inside of it. He tipped me as he promised, thanked me politely and was gone.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That was quite impressive, Dominik! Usually we would get a ticket for ignoring the lights.

    ReplyDelete